Shibori-dying Workshop - 4 sessions
Amanda Donohue is a printmaker with twenty years experience and a life-time love of fabrics. There are many years of tradition behind the print and textile art forms which she tries to continue, while taking the time to create items which are hands on and tactile. In this workshop, she will expose people to the traditional and beautiful art of shibori and indigo dyeing. Allowing them to get their hands and brain working to create their own piece of art that they can use, gift or combine into some other project. There will have examples available of what can be achieved and materials available for people to use. She will run workshops from 9:30 to 5:30 each with 8 people. Each session will include an intro to Shibori Dying and bind/tie pieces, time to soak pieces, dyeing, oxidising and rinse times-every step to complete your very own piece of Shibori dyed art!
Each session would be for 8 people and $10 per person.
The details for each session are:
- Intro and bind/tie pieces - 30mins
- Soak pieces - 20mins
- Dye - 15 mins
- Oxidise - 20 mins
- Rinse - 15 mins
1 hour 30 minutesShibori-dying Workshop – Session 1
1 hour 30 minutesShibori-dying Workshop – Session 2
- Shibori-dying workshop S1$10+$0.25 Service fee$10+$0.25 Service fee0$0
- Shibori-dying workshops S2$10+$0.25 Service fee$10+$0.25 Service fee0$0
- Shibori-dying workshop S3$10+$0.25 Service fee$10+$0.25 Service fee0$0
- Shibori-dying workshop S4$10+$0.25 Service fee$10+$0.25 Service fee0$0